西貝流士150週年:交響曲全集(流水編號 限量版)(SIBELIUS 150: The Complete Symphonies under Anthony Collins)【6LPs】
SIBELIUS 150: The Complete Symphonies under Anthony Collins
【NUMBERED, LIMITED EDITION】
· Lift-off lid box
· Original Covers and new notes by Sibelius specialist Robert Layton
· Numbered Limited 6LP Edition
· The first complete Sibelius symphony cycle by one conductor, released to celebrate Jean Sibelius’ 150th anniversary of birth
· Remastered from original tapes by Abbey Road Studios
· A short documentary about the lacquering process will be available shortly before the release of the set. Featuring an interview with Sean Magee at Abbey Road Studios.
· The set offers everything that the true collector loves: authority, historical value, high-quality 180gm pressings, original covers and individual numbering.
Anthony Collins' 1952-55 Sibelius cycle with the LSO for Decca has acquired something of a cult status over the decades. It was the first collection of Sibelius’ complete symphonies, performed by one orchestra & conductor. 150 years after the birth of Jean Sibelius and 60 years after the completion of this pioneering project, Decca proudly present these recordings in a 6LP set for the very first time.
· Notably, this is not only the first complete Sibelius cycle, but also one of the very few recording projects consulted with the composer himself.
Before the beginning of the project, Collins sought the composer's advice and in response to a lengthy telegram of detailed questions received in reply: "Conductor must have liberty to get performance living."
· Due in equal parts to the transparency and depth of Decca’s "ffrr" (full frequency range recording) technique, and the precision and excellence of the London Symphony's playing, Collins’ recordings reveal the sheer wonder of the scores' shifting textures that prior recordings couldn't capture.
· Combined with Collins' sense of excitement and inspiration, these recordings form a set of historical significance that has stood the test of time.
· The Lacquers were created by Sean Magee at Abbey Road Studios. Transfers were made from original Mono tapes. High-quality 180gm pressings from OPTIMAL.
" Collins had made his name composing scores for the RKO studios, earning three Oscar nominations, before Victor Olof invited him to record with the London Symphony Orchestra. The result was a Sibelius cycle that is yet to be bettered."
The Sunday Telegraph, 2009
LP1 Symphony 1
LP2 Symphony 2
LP3 Symphonies 3&7
LP4 Symphony 4; Pohjola’s Daughter
LP5 Symphony 5; Nightride and Sunrise
LP6 Symphony 6; Pelleas et Melisande Suite
Orders with under NTD3,000 of merchandise,the shipping rate is NTD50.
Orders with over NTD3,000 of merchandise are eligible for free shipping(for Taiwan).