Conductor: Valerio Galli
Director: Mario Corradi
Floria Tosca: Antonia Cifrone
Mario Cavaradossi: Stefano Secco
Il barone Scarpia: Giorgio Surian
Cesare Angelotti: Riccardo Ferrari
Spoletta: Massimo La Guardia
Il Sagrestano: Franco Boscolo
Sciarone: Fernado Ciuffo
Orchestra and Chorus of Festival Puccini
Festival Puccini, Torre del Lago, 2007
PROGRAMM INFORMATIONS: Tosca, Giacomo Puccini’s fifth opera, was first staged at the Teatro Costanzi in Rome on 14th January 1900. The opera initially stirred contrasting reactions among the public and critics.
Whilst the latter generally expressed strong reservations, the public appreciated the opera greatly and decreed a success that has never waned since that date. The libretto was entrusted to Luigi Illica and Giuseppe Giacosa, back in partnership after Manon Lescaut and Bohème.
From its first appearance in 1887, Tosca had proved to be one of the most popular dramas of Victorien Sardou (1831-1908), who had written it to suit Sarah Bernhardt. Sardou’s theatre was essentially based on plot, enriched however by precise realistic and psychological touches.
For Puccini the encounter with Sardou’s theatre basically meant an incursion into the sphere of the ”verismo” melodrama, from which the composer had always kept his distance.
His human and musical sensitivity was, indeed, far removed from the coarseness of verismo, and, substantially, Tosca thus represented an exception. Yet it was an exception in which all the most typical situations of verismo stood out in, we might say, concentrated form: events follow one another in a crescendo of tension and drama. Puccini was too refined a musician to insist too heavily on the more truculent aspects of the plot, and his music frequently tones down the crudity of the situations.
【曲目】 Act 1
02. Ah! Finalmente! (Angelotti)
03. Recondita armonia (Cavaradossi)
04. Gente là dentro! (Cavaradossi)
05. Mario! Mario! Mario! (Tosca)
06. Ah! Quegli occhi (Tosca)
07. È buona la mia Tosca (Cavaradossi)
08. Un tal baccano in chiesa! (Scarpia)
09. Ed io venivo a lui tutta dogliosa (Tosca)
10. Tre sbirri... Una carrozza (Scarpia)
01 Tosca è un buon falco! (Scarpia)
02. Ha più forte sapore la conquista (Scarpia)
03. Spoletta è giunto (Sciarrone)
04. Ed or fra noi parliam da buoni amici (Scarpia)
05. Orsù, Tosca, parlate (Scarpia)
06. Nel pozzo... nel giardino (Tosca)
07. Se la giurata fede debbo tradir (Scarpia)
08. Vissi d’arte (Tosca)
09. Ho mutato d’avviso (Scarpia)
01. Io de’ sospiri (A shepherd-boy)
02. Mario Cavaradossi? A voi (A jailer)
03. E lucevan le stelle (Cavaradossi)
04. Ah! Franchigia a Floria Tosca! (Cavaradossi)
05. O dolci mani (Cavaradossi)
06. E non giungono (Tosca)
07. Com’è lunga l’attesa! (Tosca)
Your total shipping cost is calculated by the weight of your order items. We will weight the items and e-mail you the shipping cost in 3 days after your order. If you accept the cost, please send us back the mail.
The payment of global order is only accepted by credit cards.